We are seeking a dedicated and versatile Senior Software Engineer with a passion for developing and optimising Sunswap’s cloud infrastructure. Your days will be filled with designing and building our Cloud management and reporting system which is hosted in Azure and orchestrated using Terraform. We are a small team, meaning you will play an important role in getting the product ready and into production, and not just another cog in a big wheel.
- Partner with the Lead Software Engineer to develop and optimise the Sunswap cloud infrastructure, develop and improve our Docker Images to help with our reporting. Create Integration tests for our data collection and reporting system.
- Design, build and write API’s to allow us and our customers to integrate with our cloud infrastructure and TRUs.
- Provide ongoing development and optimisation support for existing software.
- At least 5 years commercial software experience
- BS in Computer Science, or a relavant commercial experience
- Ability to learn new skills within fast paced environment
- Experience of Cloud based solutions and services
- Strong programming and software design skills (preferably Python)
- A good understanding of Git (other VCS acceptable)
- Understanding of time-series data and structured databases
- Virtualisation and containerisation technologies such as Docker
- Knowledge of CAN Bus (advantageous)
- Exposure to C++ and Terraform (advantageous)
What we offer you:
- 30 days holiday (including Wellness Day)
- Employee Share Options
- Sabbatical (after 3 years)
- Monthly paid lunches & Quarterly Socials!
- 5% employer matched pension contribution
- 5 free counselling sessions through our Employee Assistance Programme
- Sunswap Welcome pack including laptop, Sunswap merch and treats
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loans